• Landlord and Real Estate Agent
  • West Orange, NJ
Votes |
Mastermind

Doug Minton
  • Landlord and Real Estate Agent
  • West Orange, NJ
Posted May 15 2015, 13:21

I've been investing in real estate for a number of years, and if you look at how many deal I've done compared to years in the business, you may say that I am a dabbler. However, now a days there has been a shift. 6 deals under my belt, but I NEED more! How can I accomplish this? REIA groups.

I searched online for all the different REIA groups out there. I became members to a few and started networking. Then I decided to start a mastermind group.

I must say that the mastermind group has been very fruitful. I love hearing the ideas of the other members. Talk about an education, well this is way better than the education I paid for in the past. 

Some of the members have mentors, and they relate the information they learned from their mentors. Others have money and are looking to do a deal, while others have some skill sets that I just don't possess. The result? The mastermind group turns into a business. 

We became a team. Where others are weak, we provide strength. Where others are ignorant, we provide knowledge. Where others are lacking in experience, we provide wisdom. Are you just starting out? 

Why not create a mastermind group. Form a meetup. Joint venture with those who you network with. 

As they say, be in business for yourself, but not by yourself.

Loading replies...