wanting to get started

4 Replies

Hello all! A new acquaintance of mine just turned me on to BiggerPockets and I could use some help. I would like to know what the best way to get started is with no cash to invest. I've watched a couple BiggerPockets videos and something that stuck out was "leverage". What product is best for newbies, single family, multi, condos? Any help appreciated. Thank you, Josh Holmes in Las Vegas, NV

Originally posted by @Josh Holmes :

Hello all! A new acquaintance of mine just turned me on to BiggerPockets and I could use some help. I would like to know what the best way to get started is with no cash to invest. I've watched a couple BiggerPockets videos and something that stuck out was "leverage". What product is best for newbies, single family, multi, condos? Any help appreciated. Thank you, Josh Holmes in Las Vegas, NV

Are you a veteran with good credit?  Other than that start saving up some money. 

Or move to a cheaper area like I did

Originally posted by @Josh Holmes :

Strongly suggest to take a look what's close by your area first.  What is the most usual structure (single family, multi, condo etc.)?  A lot of times, you are governed by your dominant market.

Condo will usually give you least maintenance issues, but the HOA fee will drive down your return A LOT

@Josh Holmes

Welcome to the BP community. You will find a lot of good information here. Make sure to view the BP blogs under "Learn."

Welcome to BiggerPockets.learn from successful real estate investors on how they got started and you'll pick up the ideas to get going

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.