Votes
Eric Lenser
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Salaried Real Estate Entry Level Position

Eric Lenser
  • Nashville, TN
Posted May 25 2015, 09:46

Hi everyone, first off this is an amazing community y'all have created! I've been setting aside time everyday to learn more from the forums or blog posts and it's great!

Having read the Beginner's eBook and some "Where Do I Start"-style posts, I still have a question that I feel hasn't been addressed directly. I'm fresh out of college with a science degree but have no intention of going on to med school; I much prefer the entrepreneurial aspect of REI and "sky's the limit" attitude. So, for someone in my position where would be a good career starting position for REI down the line?

My academic and career history has helped me develop a solid writing skillset and experience with statistics as well as some marketing. As I don't have enough capital to actually invest right now and obtaining a real estate license takes both time and money, what type of position should I look for in the moment? Some early job searches show that the region in which I hope to work/live (Colorado) has openings in: appraising, marketing for a property management company, as well as some more technical positions like mortgage lending. 

I lean towards the marketing position just because it specifically requires writing experience and would also introduce me somewhat to the PM field. Is that a decent area for me to continue gaining experience, even though I'm not directly managing any properties? Thanks again to everyone at BP! Happy Memorial Day as well!

Loading replies...