• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Buy and Hold Vs. Buy and Flip ?

Tanya Ugaitafa
  • Real Estate Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 26 2015, 11:16

Hi Everyone. 

I wanted to get some information from Investors who currently buy and hold and ALSO buy and flip. Just to give you an idea about myself, I live in San Diego and currently buy and hold in 6 different markets. All of my properties are positively cash flowed properties and seeing DECENT returns; However, for the past year, I have been contemplating on flipping properties, but I know that I haven't done the proper due diligence for me to make an educated decision.

I work for a Real Estate Investment Firm as well, so it is also my job to SELL Investors on WHY to buy and hold with us instead of flipping. Of course I can't sell everyone on this idea, but I honestly think that I sold myself into believing that buying and holding is better. This has been a huge factor on why I have so much hesitation with flipping properties. But when I see the amount of money people are making with Flipping, it makes me go crazy. 

Another thing, is that I live in San Diego. How can I flip a property in San Diego when one property out here is worth 3 properties in my portfolio? San Diego is just so expensive. I believe I need to do a lot of Due Diligence. But I just wanted to get some input from everyone. Which route do you think makes more sense? 

Buy and Hold? OR Buy and Flip?

Loading replies...