Votes
Caleb Brown
  • Wentworth, NH
Votes |
Just starting out

Caleb Brown
  • Wentworth, NH
Posted May 29 2015, 21:14

Well this is my very first post! I'm learning as much as possible about real estate, as I'd like to get involved as soon as possible. While all my buddies are buying sports cars, I'm saving everything as a down payment for my first property. I will be going to college (freshman this coming semester) in Pensacola Florida. I am not sure if I will be starting my journey into real estate there, or back home here in new england. However, I am not sure exactly what route to take into real estate. Like everyone, I've seen all the discussions on SFH vs. Multiplex, buy and hold vs. Fix and flip. But more so on what to start out on with that, is how to start out. With about 20 grand in the bank by next summers end (with no debt) at age 18, what should be my first step? Being so young, would I even be able to get a loan? Should I purchase one unit at 80k (with 16k to put down as down payment) or a few units at a lower price, but same final price of 80k? With much more learning yo do, work to get done, and preparation, I am still a long way off. But I would love to be graduating from college in 4 years, with a semi stable income (as opposed to many college students it seems.) My hope is to either have more cash in the bank, or a property (preferably several) under my belt. Any help, advice and tips would be greatly GREATLY appreciated on how to start my venture! Thanks!

Loading replies...