New to Bigger Pockets

3 Replies

Hi 

My name is Marno. I'm from Pretoria, South Africa and am just starting out with real estate. I am still only learning really.

Welcome Marno-

I, too, am new here...

Wish you much success!

Bob

@Marno Van der Meulen

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Hello All,

My name is Kevin Mellor from Metairie, Louisiana. I'm new to investing, but I feel like I'm in the right place for getting started. My brother-in-law turned me on to the BiggerPockets podcast about a month ago. Since then, I have come to love the podcast, and more importantly, the breadth of knowledge I attain from the podcast. I started with Show #1 and have made it through about 25 podcasts so far.

My wife is an agent in the New Orleans metropolitan area, and enjoys helping friends and family buy and sell their homes. Her business has picked up a bit over the past few years, but more leads would be great for her business.

As I mentioned above, my brother-in-law is the one who turned me on to BiggerPockets. We, as well as our wives, have recently stepped up our efforts in our real estate investing education, and look forward to making our first deal as a team. We currently search the MLS every day and are struggling to find deals on the MLS, as they are scooped up quickly, or so competitive that the numbers just don't make sense for our model. More specifically, we are looking for single family homes to buy, flip, and sell, but we have also looked into the multifamily (or is it multi-family) rental arena as well. We need deals, or at least leads. We are "driving for dollars" frequently these days. I am also wondering whether we should seek out wholesale deals, or work with a wholesaler frequently.

I'm looking forward to a long term relationship with RE and BP.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here