how to find seller leads

1 Reply

i whould like to know what are some of the best ways to find seller leads

@Brandon, The question has been discussed about million times on the forum and quick search would get you the answers, depending upon if you are full time or part time here is what i would do

Free resources

• Start knocking doors, this one can start from your neighbors house. Knock doors and leave a business card with everyone you speak to. Make sure the phone number listed has a professional voice mail and you answer most of the calls you can.
  • Post ads on craigslist, there is a limit on how many ads you can post but again, doing this on daily basis will get you calls, sooner or later. Make sure the rule about professionalism on the phone is applied.
  • Hand over your business cards to friends & family and explain very clearly that you are professional real estate investor/wholesaler.
  • Get in touch with local realtor who understands what you are looking for. Keep in regular touch with him to ensure when the deal pops up, he wants to speak with you before anyone else.
  • Attend local REIA meet ups and network with other investors. There are people who would happily give you leads because they came across something they don't work. For example, i would give away all leads of SFRs over 250K etc etc.

Small budget lead generation ideas

• Telemarketing, this one is not easy because you will have to go through hundreds of voicemails, not availables, kids answering, not interested, stop calling me, etc, etc before you get some one to even talk to you for more than 30 seconds. Again, the key is to be persistent and make certain amount of calls every day and ensure your inbound number if professional if some one returns a call.
  • Mailing letters - This one again involves some investment to buy lists and send out the letters but again, getting your phone to ring is the first step.

The list is endless, at the end of the day all you have to do is eat, sleep, breath real estate and ensure you don't let any lead slip through the cracks.

Good luck for your journey.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.