Direct Mail Personalization

1 Reply

Hey Guys, 

When sending out postcards what have you found to give you the best response rate? Making the postcard personalized to the seller or just sending out a generalized card? I've been sending out postcards for a month now. I've sent out about 2000 and received less than 10 calls so far. The postcards have been slightly personalized listing the customers address, etc. I was wondering if I should try just a generalized card saying we buy houses without listing an address or anything making it appear that I was targeting them?

David, I have found that the real estate investment mailers are reaching the saturation point right now. I have rentals and I receive cards/letters from would be buyers almost weekly. Some from my buddies. The absentee market is being bombarded by these mailers, at least in my market. You have to get a bit more creative to which list to send to and what to say. I have started sending out brochures about my company with testimonials from my previous sellers. And just because you did not get many responses doesn't mean you won't in the future. I consistently get calls from my previous mailers from a while ago. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.