Direct Mail Personalization

1 Reply

Hey Guys, 

When sending out postcards what have you found to give you the best response rate? Making the postcard personalized to the seller or just sending out a generalized card? I've been sending out postcards for a month now. I've sent out about 2000 and received less than 10 calls so far. The postcards have been slightly personalized listing the customers address, etc. I was wondering if I should try just a generalized card saying we buy houses without listing an address or anything making it appear that I was targeting them?

David, I have found that the real estate investment mailers are reaching the saturation point right now. I have rentals and I receive cards/letters from would be buyers almost weekly. Some from my buddies. The absentee market is being bombarded by these mailers, at least in my market. You have to get a bit more creative to which list to send to and what to say. I have started sending out brochures about my company with testimonials from my previous sellers. And just because you did not get many responses doesn't mean you won't in the future. I consistently get calls from my previous mailers from a while ago. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here