Lisa Jones
  • Laurel, MD
Votes |
I want to start but unsure of how?

Lisa Jones
  • Laurel, MD
Posted Jun 17 2015, 06:02

Hello everyone I'm a newbie on here!

I'm interested in investing into real estate and have been doing a lot of homework, researching and trying to educate myself as best as I can before I jump into this. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to start? I know the very first thing I want to do is to start repairing my credit so that I don't have issues getting assistance with loans and etc in the future, I'm also looking to purchase a home, the issue I'm having is which to do first purchase a home or an investment property? From everything I've read most suggest purchasing a little multi family property like a duplex to start off with and build from there, however I'm a single mother with a 1 yr old and there are not many duplexes in my area and if so there in really rough areas that I don't feel comfortable in, safety is my biggest concern as a women and mother of a young child so I don't think that would be the best option for me due to my situation. I've also read that some suggest to whole sale? Should I look to purchasing a single family home and then eventually rent it out and start from there? I'm just confused as what to do? 

Loading replies...