Votes
Chris Kerschen
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Fire damaged houses for a new investor

Chris Kerschen
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Jun 21 2015, 17:16

As the title states, I have house that is in my neighborhood that has been sitting for at least 6 months now vacant because there was a fire in the kitchen. I assume that the fire department did more damage than the actual fire but I have not actually seen the damage. 

A little background on the house from what neighbors have told me. The house comps are around $160k (my house is very similar in size and layout). I live in Wichita Kansas so $160k is a pretty nice and big house here. The house has always been bank owned and the bank just rents the house out. The house is also kind of an ugly white painted house with light pink trim. I figured painting the exterior of the home would make it look 100 times better as well.

Im sure I am probably leaving info out, but I have just been seeing this house sit empty and was wondering if there is any opportunity here. I have done some research online and have seen that many investors are scared away from fire damaged houses so I figured I would mention this on here and see what everyone thinks.

Loading replies...