I'm new here

5 Replies

I'm a young investor currently in high school and i need a little help to get my career started

@Adrian Gonzales

Welcome to Biggerpockets. You got to the right place in learning about REI. Have you checked Brandon's ebook Ultimate Guide to REI? It's a great read for starters. Good luck and great success to you.

Adrian,

I don't know you but from the title of this post and the brevity of your intro, you're coming across as the guy who thinks he's going home with the hottest girl at the bar simply because he showed up.

Unless you look like Pit Bull and things naturally fall into your lap, you're going to have to learn to hustle both in dating and in real estate if you want to make it.  Many BP podcast guests answer Brandon's 'famous 4' question regarding what separates successful real estate investors from all others is their ability to grind it out and hustle.  It takes hard work, not just luck and hope.

I'm sure I've misdiagnosed you but the suggestion is valid either way.  It's awesome that you're getting an early start.  Be aggressive, get in the game, learn as much as you can, and don't be afraid of failure.

Best wishes,

Vincent

Thank you for your advice Vincent Ajello I'll stay tuned into the podcasts and keep my whits about myself and as for you Michael Sato I've taken the time to look at the ultimate guide to REI thank you for reminding me that said guide existed. It pleases me that you two Michael & Vincent took the liberty sharing information with a beginner.

@Adrian Gonzales

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you