Financial advisors...

3 Replies

Anyone have advice/recommend a financial advisor and or fin advising company?  I'd like some direction on investing for retirement, mutual funds, and stocks, as I plan to invest in all 3.  Should I go with Fidelity or one of those guys or something a little smaller to help with my planning?

Any tips or help on the above would help!

Thanks.

the have a proverbial dog in the fight so be careful when they start selling you product. I.E. Life insurance savings accounts

Nice work miles. Planning ahead is a crucial step these days.

@Reggie Maggard is right. Life policies have their place, but you can usually accomplish more with good mutual funds or other options.

When I have finance questions like yours, I usually look up an ELP on daveramsey.com. Regardless of how you feel about Dave, his ELPs are always focused on your personal financial goals. I am one for Insurance, so I know he holds his ELPs to high contractual standards. You are sure to get an expert in their field to help you plan the right path there. 

Good luck! 

I recommend reading Tony Robbins book on Money Mastering the Game.  Mutual Funds are only good for the money managers.

You cannot go wrong with Alpha Architect and Professor Gray and his team have taken value investing to the next level.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.