first time flip

8 Replies

first time flip single mom need advice on whaT to expect from contractors and what I should do with this exterior.  1200 sweet feet in amarillo TX. Also some advice on getting HVAC

kinda broad advise as well as info about the property as well as the work.

Going into this blind is going to be costly.

What type of property is it? (Price range) if your flipping a 1200sqft in the hood its obviously going to be different then a 1200 is the best neighborhood.

What advise about hvac?

its not in the worded hood but on the outskirts of the hood, my block is nice and law enforcement officer lives across the street. The house cost 27,000 I'll post pic. I'm just s so inexperienced and people have been taking advantage I have 15,000 for improvements. Need heating and air 

IMO without knowing much more, it's not going to be a strong retail property and id make sure you want to fully rehab such a property. In Amarillo there is almost no retail market for anything under $80k, 80k puts payments at about the same as rent in "the hood" and people are expecting to pay that $600-800/mo, and therefore 50k properties don't sell to retail buyers often. There's tons of exceptions I'm sure, but your end user might end up being a investor using it as a rental, so think over your rehab investment very closly, 

Central heat may be needed but central air in a 50-60k house isn't generally needed. It will prob just end up getting stolen before it sells anyways, at least don't install the unit until closing.. Trust me on that one..

(Yes I'm assuming it's a 50k ish house ARV, maybe you stole a 150k house for $27?)

i agree with you. Thank you, what if i purchased the units that are heating and air combined and they install in the wall. Should i replace every window? Also there are ducts where a swamp cooler was should i just go with that for cooling.

yes I would reuse those ducts as it will greatly save you.

Again, for your market area you prob don't want to replace any windows if they work, maybe the front windows for curb appeal.

What neighborhood is this in and what's the square footage.

outskirts of San jacinto and 1200 sq foot I'm this inking if moving in for a year doing some work myself. 

if your gonna move in for a year might was well live there for 2 years for the tax savings.. 

well this has definitely been a learnjibg experience the house was paid cash I had someone to do very inexpensive work but he flaked in me. I'm looking for honest people who don't take advantage its tuff out there thanks for input 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you