Net York

5 Replies

Good Evening,

So things have currently changed for myself and I am now looking into getting some property in New York area some where. I will most likely be going to school there ( currently in the world) but again I will need s place to stay. My bought about doing a multi family and then living in one side, but I know New York can be a tough place.  No idea even where to begin there. 

Thanks for any advice

Thomas knight

I live in long Island not the cheapest place in the world but much cheaper then NYC (by square foot) and still able to get into NYC for school or work. I know many people that do this. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact me. 

Thank you all for your input. @ James Wise, how do i go about finding potential property like that? I have been using Zillow, and Realtor, and Truilia, but i'm generally finding things that need substantial amounts of rehab, which i personally can not do, and i don't think i would be able to afford.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.