Net York

5 Replies

Good Evening,

So things have currently changed for myself and I am now looking into getting some property in New York area some where. I will most likely be going to school there ( currently in the world) but again I will need s place to stay. My bought about doing a multi family and then living in one side, but I know New York can be a tough place.  No idea even where to begin there. 

Thanks for any advice

Thomas knight

I live in long Island not the cheapest place in the world but much cheaper then NYC (by square foot) and still able to get into NYC for school or work. I know many people that do this. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact me. 

@Thomas Knight

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

Thank you all for your input. @ James Wise, how do i go about finding potential property like that? I have been using Zillow, and Realtor, and Truilia, but i'm generally finding things that need substantial amounts of rehab, which i personally can not do, and i don't think i would be able to afford.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you