• Professional
  • Central FL, FL
Votes |
Location, location, location

Jared S.
  • Professional
  • Central FL, FL
Posted Jul 4 2015, 08:35

Hi, newbie here- never flipped a home in my life.  I do work in the industry and love it.  My goal is to have a few flips and or build a couple specs later on (maybe in a few yrs) part-time and on weekends, etc.  I love my job and what I do, this is more of a retirement nest egg plus hobby plus adrenaline rush. 

IF my company is OK with me doing a few flips on the side (I think it would be ok, but have to see), I'd like to do a couple per year, or maybe build a spec or two every couple of years if I'm allowed.

I can live in either Central FL or Greenville SC with my job.  I have spent time in both and like both for different reasons.  My question is, long term (I'm not in this to get rich or anything of the sort), just trying to build a little retirement income because when I'm 65, who knows if SS will be around etc......... which area do you see as being the most promising and why?  This is all contigent on whether or not my employer even cares, but assuming I can do this, I'd like to know whaich area is best.  These two areas are my options because I can work in either area, I love the Southeast, and enjoy both areas for different reasons.  Thanks in advance.

Loading replies...