I want to get my licence

8 Replies

I want to get my real estate licence and I'd like to know the difference in other states how the exams are different and easier to take

In Maryland you would need to take the 60 hour prelicensing course, pass the course exam then prepare for the state exam. The state exam is two parts, the National exam (80 questions) and the state exam (30 questions). The cost $240.00. Having my RE license is a plus.

thanks! Is THAT the same as florida

I'm pretty sure the requirements are the same in all states with regard to the 60 hour prelicense course. The questions on your state exam will be different than the Maryland exam and I'm not sure how many questions you will have to answer. Any real estate firm should have the info.

Every state will have different real estate laws and practices.

Pre licensing requirements will also be different. Some states have more hours some less. Some allow you to do pre licensing class online others do not etc....

which ever is shorter and faster I'll take it,it might be fun to just have my licence to invest in another state than my home state even tho money can be made anywhere.I just want the study and the exam to go smooth no stressing

Keep in mind your license is specific to the state where you take your exam. Some states have reciprocity but not all. Check with a local real estate company.

The true benefit of having your license is to view properties on MLS right? Do you still have to hang your license with a brokerage to gain access to the MLS?

I know this is a radical idea but have you just ever considered just going to the department of real estate website for the states you want to know about. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.