Wholesaling and marketing

4 Replies

Hello BP

I have spent months combing over dozens of posts, books and blogs (written and video) on the subject of wholesaling and have began to put into practice the viable information i gleaned. 

I became interested in real estate investing after reading the rich dad book series and after attending a "guru" seminar i joined bp. I quickly learned marketing is key and begun to create an unique approach. I have tried craigslist in search of motivated sellers and only found other wholesalers. I was complemented on my ads but didn't gain any deals. I also did a short and simple bandit sign campaign with similar results. Recently i pound the pavement and use drop cards. My originality seems to be getting attention, just not that of potential sellers. 

Marketing has been a way of life for me for years and while being self employed I'm not seeing any fruit. I know this can work but I'm missing something. Any advice is welcome.  

You've got drive/motivation and that's a huge start. You need to get yourself infront of motivated sellers. There really are two quality ways of doing this. Direct Mail and a Lead Generation website. I prefer direct mail. But it's going to cost you a few grand to do your first few drops before you get a deal.

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

Check out a Real Esate Investment club at http://www.meetup.com/

I'm local to Los Angeles so I don't know of any specific clubs that are good nearby your area, but you should check one out. Good luck.

Hi @Christopher Burns

Our company has been buying/selling land since 1999. (And now we teach it.) I agree direct mail is a great way to go. You don’t have to spend that much money but the key is reaching the right people at the right time. I.e. Folks not paying their property taxes so you have a good idea their property is not being financed and they have lost interest for some reason. And you want to do your homework ahead of time and isolate the size/area of parcels you wish to acquire. (Data sort to narrow down offers to motivated sellers.)

Get as many letters out to the right folks and once the phone calls start coming in you can pick and choose your acquisitions!

Hope this helps,

Jill DeWit

Thank you for your input. I did just get a free website done and am currently personalizing it. I know very soon I will need a more specific page set up but for now it does function as a lead capture so that's good. I feel that between the lead capture site and my drop card campaigns i will do better. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you