Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Auger
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Framingham, MA
Votes |
When should I add these (Insert Here) to my Landlord Business?

Andrew Auger
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Framingham, MA
Posted Jul 11 2015, 12:30

Hi Everyone,

So while I continue to look for a deal, in the down time I have been trying to get business prep sorted out while I wait for a good deal to come onto the market. Just a bit of background, I am a first time buyer, I have enough capital to buy the first property with an FHA or similar low down payment, and then in about a year purchase a second with regular mortgage. Currently, all I have been doing is gathering knowledge and trying to acquire my first property.

So to the point of this post, I have read blogs like this one, posted by @Matt Faircloth

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/08/29...

And this one by @Sharon Vornholt

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/01/21...

Both of which talk about items that a Landlord and real estate business should have to look and act professional, which in turn could help you avoid tenant conflicts by appearing bigger than you are, thus them not testing you.

My dilemma is at what point should I, a hopefully soon to be first time landlord, start looking at acquiring these items or anything else you think I should have? When should I get them? How much roughly should I spend on them? Finally, WHY? Please try to elaborate. 

1. Website

2. Letterhead

3. Business Logo

4. Business Cards

5. Business Email (Not a gmail.com but 123abcompany.com)

6. Property Management Software/Accounting (Not excel)

7. Business Phone Line (could be google voice ex)

8. Something you come up with

I am not necessarily looking for hey go use this service, but more of a methodical ideas as to how to expand my brand, professional appearance in correlation to my Business growth. This could be measured in many ways, like at x monthly income add this or at x units you should have this. Also keep in mind I don't want to add things unnecessarily and have expenses without supporting income, unless you think its absolutely worth it!

Thank you all in advance!

Andrew

Loading replies...