• Investor
  • Mahopac, NY
Votes |
Advice on LLC and partnership

John K.
  • Investor
  • Mahopac, NY
Posted Jul 14 2015, 08:41

Well today I stumbled across this wonderful website and had to sign up as soon as possible! I spent quite some time reading old posts in regards to my question, but I still need some advice specific to my situation.

Well me and one of my accomplices have been talking for a while now, and finally decided to get into real estate. We are always talking about business so we do have a good relationship and are able to separate social life from our future business life.

With some research and talking to a few connections that I do have back home decided to start an LLC. After doing a lot of reading I am confused on when and if we should even start an LLC. Our plan was to create the LLC and have a detailed operating agreement before even looking to purchase any property. Is this wrong?

I also find conflicting information on weather or not a multifamily home can be under an LLC. A few people said yes, and a few people said no due being less then a 4 unit. Can someone explain to me weather or not it is possible? I noticed you can transfer later with a deed, but you run the risk of "Due at sale clause".

Loading replies...