Need some advice

3 Replies

I recently graduated with my bachelors in finance. I have been accepted into a masters of finance program but I cannot decide my next step. I am extremely interested in starting to invest in real estate, I have been for quite some time. I do not want to take on more debt if a masters degree will not help me. Any thoughts???

@Account Closed

Welcome to BP! This is the best place to grow your knowledge in Real Estate. Glad to have you with us.

I don't know a ton about the finance world.

Do you know how exactly a masters in finance would help you?

Are there jobs you couldn't get without it?

hard to say what you should do without that information.

Account Closed

I have a bias in this matter, but I think it's always good to get educated for a bit, then work for a bit. 

The main reason is because a master's degree is much lower value in the professional world if you have no work experience. You will be seen as a slightly more qualified undergraduate candidate.

When you work for a bit, you gain that invaluable work experience and the raises and network that comes with it. At that point, getting a masters can improve your existing momentum, but only if you want to.

Just a thought. I know my industry is different than most, but work experience is what I look for when hiring people.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here