Need some advice

3 Replies

I recently graduated with my bachelors in finance. I have been accepted into a masters of finance program but I cannot decide my next step. I am extremely interested in starting to invest in real estate, I have been for quite some time. I do not want to take on more debt if a masters degree will not help me. Any thoughts???

I don't know a ton about the finance world.

Do you know how exactly a masters in finance would help you?

Are there jobs you couldn't get without it?

hard to say what you should do without that information.

503‑871‑2961

Account Closed

I have a bias in this matter, but I think it's always good to get educated for a bit, then work for a bit. 

The main reason is because a master's degree is much lower value in the professional world if you have no work experience. You will be seen as a slightly more qualified undergraduate candidate.

When you work for a bit, you gain that invaluable work experience and the raises and network that comes with it. At that point, getting a masters can improve your existing momentum, but only if you want to.

Just a thought. I know my industry is different than most, but work experience is what I look for when hiring people.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you