Starting out-protecting assets

3 Replies

Hello all,

I am making the commitment to starting my real estate investing business.  I have been reading books, blogs, listening to podcasts and watching Brandon's awesome webinars.  I just joined BiggerPockets PRO to ensure my success and to confirm my original commitment.  I am 99 % sure that I want to invest in buy and hold multi-family.  I am a bit older ( I am turning 45 this year)  than a traditional "newbie" investor.  With that in mind, I think I should meet with  a real estate lawyer to set up my business before my first purchase in order to protect my retirement savings, my current house and investments.  I don't want to get sued and have someone go after my personal assets.  I work full time as a physical therapist but I am itching to get started ASAP.  I have learned so much thus far, but realize I have so much more to go.  Any help or advice  would  greatly be appreciated.  Brandon, if you should happen to read this,  30 is NOT old brother!!!   Thank You.

Jeff Norton

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the wonderful world of BP. Happy and prosperous investing.

Kudos,

Mary

@Jeff Norton,

Actually be thankful. Your general life experience will contribute to you taking a wiser approach to real estate investing and gain you a little more trust with lenders or investors that might become a part of your team or deal making. You should be able to make quick progress depending on your financial situation. 

Mary & Gilbert

Thank You!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here