• Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Votes |
Tax deed sale - preparation

Sharon Ku
  • Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Posted Jul 24 2015, 10:20

Hi, everyone. This is my first question on BiggerPocket. Thanks for helping me in advanced. 

I am planning to bid tax deed in California. Price is range from 5k-50K. I am looking for tax deed with properties on the land.  Let's say I win a bid. The previous owner files a claim within a year. Do I deal with the previous owner? Or the previous owner will deal with the county to claim his property back? What happen to my money to purchase the tax deed? Can you give me general information on the potential consequences with a redemption, or any other issues after purchasing a tax deed in California? What's the worst scenario for tax deed sale?

There are two properties on my list. Both of them are under trust management based on county records. Why would trust management not paying property tax for 5 years and let the house on tax deed sale?

I also called title companies for help. But title companies said they are not allowed to do title search without a contract because it violates the regulation. Is there any ways I can search tax liens or deed on the title before placing the bid? 

Thank you.

Loading replies...