New Real Estate Investor in Brevard County, FL

5 Replies

Hello

I am new to real estate investing and am eager to get started in the Melbourne/Palm Bay/Rockledge, FL area. I've learned about home improvement/rehabbing and long term investing thru renting by watching my dad who did this on the side for as long as I know. 

I'm very interested in getting started in fix and flips within the next few months and invest long term within the next year as well. I've been learning thru browsing the forums, listening to the podcasts, reading investment books and searching the MLS often to get an idea for what homes are selling for in my area. I hope to use this site as a way to connect with other investors & real estate agents in the area and to learn as much as I can. I am currently an engineer with a typical 8-5 desk job I couldn't be happier to leave for a life I can live on my own terms. I am lucky to have family who has experience in this business to help me get started in financing my endeavor, and if anyone is in the area willing to share their experience and knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it!

welcome @Jen B. !  That's excellent you have the advantage of having a family member in the business.  Good luck!

@Jen B.

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

@Jen Bilsky

Welcome, fellow Floridian!  I hope you're enjoying the site and good luck on your ventures.

It's nice to have a foot in the door and someone to ask for advice right off the starting block.

Just a follow up Jon have you found the property that your looking for yet, are you getting the investment help that you need with the property. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you