Votes
Jordan B.
  • Washington, IN
Votes |
Build my "house" on the rock

Jordan B.
  • Washington, IN
Posted Aug 13 2015, 06:04

Hello everyone, I'm relativity new to the forum here but have done much research with all the wonderful resources here. I will try to keep his on point. I am heavily invested in my stock portfolio and have slowly come to realize that I have a lot of money in a system I don't fully trust or believe in its operating systems. So my wife and i have decided to take some capital out and invest in real estate. Inititially I was going to buy a whole portfolio off an investor which looked solid in a big picture but some of the properties were not performing individually at all so we will build from scratch. Better this way, cheaper mistakes to learn from! I have met with my CPA, attorneys, and financial advisors. We have target rates and cash flow and exact percentages from lenders to run the properties through. Our LLC is set up and funded, insurances in place. I have my business plan wrote out, we have decided on our target neighborhood class and know where we would like to be sitting in ten years. I would love for this to become a career for myself as I really enjoy taking on tasks and problem solving tough issues. I also have a construction background. I know most of you will think I have gone overboard in preparation but when the time is right I want this machine to be insert property here and all the gears to be moving already. Do you entrepanuars out there see any important steps to consider before buying?

Loading replies...