Fresh start

4 Replies

Hello everyone, i am Colstan and im very young, 19 years old to be exact. And I am 100% new to this because I never took a step towards real estate, due to me always getting so lost on where to start. I want to start as young as possible so I can have more experience and live more of my life. What I really am asking for is there anyone who can help me set up a plan for that I need to start doing to take steps up the ladder of real estate success. If someone can help me with that it will help me get from this idea stump. Like think in a sense "like" I am start from zero, from not having anything. This would help alot. Thank you!

I purchased my first home at 21 because I figured out what I wanted at 19. My advice to u is to watch the podcasts starting from the first one and research different mortgage types. Look for govt first time buyer mortgages as well.

Welcome @Colstan Horton

Starting out with the podcasts and reading as much as you can about REI are great places to start. Be active in the community here and you will pick up a ton of knowledge just by reading and learning. In my opinion, there is no better place to start as a young person than house hacking, do a search here for "house hacking" and you'll get a ton of info on it. If I were 19 and starting all over again I would buy a small 4-unit apartment building using a 5% down FHA loan, live in one unit and rent out the other three.

We are all here to help, don't be afraid to reach out to people and ask questions.