Choosing a Niche

3 Replies

Hello BP friends! 

I am looking forward to a meetup group of local BPers in a few weeks, but as I look to network with others, I don't have a specialty or niche really found yet. How should I go about introducing myself since I am the "new kid on the block"? I haven't formed my business yet as I haven't figured out a defined game plan just yet, so I don't know if I should just have some business cards with me with my name and number possibly? Or should I just pursue to network in general for now? Thanks for any input in advance!!

You could tell them you have the right stuff. Ba dum chhhh!

Just be upfront with people. I vibrate when I talk to someone who says, "I'm a wholesaler!" and they've done zero wholesales. That whole fake it till you make it is OK to pass off to potential sellers, but don't do that to your peers. Here is the best advice I can give you; when around people more experienced than you, ask a question, then LISTEN.

Carol Zeroual, Why is it so important to know what you want to do before getting cards and forming your LLC? What experience did you learn that lesson from?

Thank you!

Updated almost 3 years ago

@Carol Zeroual