• Senoia, GA
Votes |
Newbie looking for first deal

Anthony Certonio
  • Critical Care Registered Nurse
  • Senoia, GA
Posted Oct 28 2015, 21:08

Hello Fellow BPer's

First a little bit about me.  I am an OEF veteran. After that I got into the mortgage business in April 2006.  I initially started off working with investors but eventually switched to a company that had an abundance of leads.  Started doing pretty well until it dried up and finally had to get out summer of 2008.  I had a baby girl born in 2008 as well so with the new baby and the drying up of the business, I lost everything.  I had to move back to NY and I started over.  I returned to school and became an RN.  I recently moved back to GA (loved it here when I lived here 2003-2008)

Now that I am back in GA, I am looking to buy my first investment property. I've worked on my credit over the last few years and have got 2 of my scores up almost 200 points to the 750+ level. Being that I am a veteran, I am looking to use my VA loan since it is no money down. I have saved up about $12K and would like to put that to work as well. I want to buy a multifamily property to minimize my monthly expenses, and also because this is the niche I would like to focus on as the primary investing vehicle.

I would also like to do the occasional flip to help provide additional capital to put towards future purchases of buy and hold properties.  

I am currently seeking a mentor.  I would love to get in on a flip project to see the ins and outs, swing a hammer, learn about rehab costs and what to look for.  I can offer some funds towards the deal.  Learning and gaining a small profit.  Also, I am looking for someone to teach me about rentals.  Maybe assist me in finding a great multifamily property.  I have been playing with the Rental Analysis tool (its a lot of fun and great learning exp) but real life experience is always a great thing. 

I read several hours each day, mostly on this site.  Between all the keywords I have set up, there is never a lack of reading material.  Also I am currently reading Brandons No/low money down book, making my way though his Best books list. I listen to 2 Podcasts a day and I catch the webinars.  All the while trying to do as much OT at work as possible to build cash reserves.

Thanks again in advance.

Loading replies...