How do I plot multiple addresses on a map?

10 Replies

I have a list of pre-foreclosure addresses and I'd like to visit each one, but I want to avoid driving back and forth. What's the best way to go about mapping them so I'm sure I'm driving to them most effectively? Does Goolge Maps have a function for this? Any advice would be great, thanks.

You can go to www.batchgeo.com. Put your addresses into an excel file with house # and street in column A, city in column B, State in Column C, and Zip in Column D. You can a name for each house if you like in another column.

@Adam Ebanks  You can go to www.batchgeo.com. Put your addresses into an excel file with house # and street in column A, city in column B, State in Column C, and Zip in Column D. You can a name for each house if you like in another column.

I also have an app (for Android) called Road Warrior.  It'll map out a route for you.  You can even include start and stop points.  It takes a little time to populate everything so if you have 20+ properties, it may not be the best ticket.  The interface could use some improvements but I've used it to travel to homes over 4 counties and it's worked great for me.  

Good luck with your travels and investing!

@robert gandy , If you would forgive my ignorance (and Lazyness) do you just put the addresses in the spreadsheet in any order, and then batchgeo.com plots the best route?

I use a site called routexl.com.   you type in (or cut/paste) all the addresses (they have a button labelled Import,  but it just pops up a text box for entering the addresses).  Once they are entered,  hit the find route button.  it finds the best route for the address, and numbers them.  I just write down the numbers on my list of addresses,  then use my GPS to visit them in the order that Route XL determines.