• Superintendent
  • Gainesville, GA
Votes |
I Don't Know Jack

Lennie Holland
  • Superintendent
  • Gainesville, GA
Posted Nov 25 2015, 06:19

I've learned a tremendous amount in a short amount of time and that excites me, I love learning new things. However yesterday while listening to one of Josh's and Brandon's podcast, I'm up to podcast #28 now, I feel like I know these guys, they crack me up. I realized one important thing, "I don't know jack about REI".

I get reading different forum topics/blogs and think "that's interesting" so I search the topic in depth, get off on a tangent. Then I look up 3 hours later and say "Why am I reading about this? This is not even part of my business plan. I haven't even done one deal yet and I'm reading about how to finance/manage a 50 unit apartment complex in Canada."

I think it's all so interesting I lose focus quickly and I'm off on another tangent. I can't be the only beginning investor behaving this way? I writing this to hold myself accountable to focus on only the following things until I thoroughly know them

1. Business plan (stop changing it until you know what you're doing)

2. Wholesaling, Flipping and BRRR (that's it for now)

3. Marketing

4. Financing

5. Get out there and get the 1st deal done already (learn more through action)

Let all of us beginning investors unite, let's just focus on what brought us to REI and become proficient at that. Then we can move forward, learning as we go. It's easier than you think to fall into the analysis paralysis stage and not even realize your doing it.

Loading replies...