Re: Contracts and forms used in real estate wholesaling...

9 Replies

I'm a newbie in real estate wholesaling and wanted to know where do you go to get the purchase contracts, assignment contracts, and forms, etc. to use in conducting real estate transactions here in the State of Florida?  Can you use generic forms from online sites?

Thanks for your help!

Tim B.

Talk to other wholesalers in your area and network, find out what title cos they are using and have an meeting with one of the attorneys

Definitely go find a investor friendly attorney in your town! I used generic forms for my first wholesale deal, and ended up with a sharply worded two page long email from the closing attorney outlining everything that was screwed up. 

Once you find an attorney who understands what you intend on doing, draw up a list of questions you may have on the subject, and invest an hour or two at that attorneys hourly rate to have all your questions answered..a CYA session so to speak. Money well spent.

While their is a vast amount of knowledge, and experience on this site..the people on this site aren't going to be there if you screw up and end up in court. 

Originally posted by @Timothy Bowman:

I'm a newbie in real estate wholesaling and wanted to know where do you go to get the purchase contracts, assignment contracts, and forms, etc. to use in conducting real estate transactions here in the State of Florida?  Can you use generic forms from online sites?

Thanks for your help!

Tim B.

Originally posted by @Lloyd Stanton :

Definitely go find a investor friendly attorney in your town! I used generic forms for my first wholesale deal, and ended up with a sharply worded two page long email from the closing attorney outlining everything that was screwed up. 

Once you find an attorney who understands what you intend on doing, draw up a list of questions you may have on the subject, and invest an hour or two at that attorneys hourly rate to have all your questions answered..a CYA session so to speak. Money well spent.

While their is a vast amount of knowledge, and experience on this site..the people on this site aren't going to be there if you screw up and end up in court.