Newbie looking for mentor in So Cal

6 Replies

I am a new investor in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I want to learn about flipping properties from anyone in the area that has had success and can show me a thing or two. I am certainly willing to offer anything I can in return. I have begun my education here at BP and I want to learn the right way. Therefore I believe it is important to have a mentor. Looking to get started ASAP. Thanks for the help.

Hey @Gabriel Altshule

Great attitude to have in regard to your willingness to give in order to get. 

All too often I see new members inquiring about mentors without mention of what benefits they offer in return.

I can't speak for anyone in your area, but I will say that I think you will find what your looking for.  Just remember, if you are willing to contribute more than anyone else, you will more than likely put yourself in a position to receive more than anyone else as well.

Best of luck!

Thanks Kevin. What area do you serve? As an agent do you find that you have an advantage in any aspects of the deal? I held a license 10 years ago and I'm thinking of getting licensed again. I'm a golf professional ( currently seeking employment as an instructor ) and a father of 2 young kids. It has been tough finding the time to complete the course requirements. I guess I want to know if it's worth it. Thanks for your input.

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Gabriel Altshule You have definitely come to the right place if you are looking to learn more about real estate!

Feel free to reach out to me with any and all questions you might have about BiggerPockets, investing, or using our platform!

Consider acting as a bird dog for the dominant wholesaler in your market. You will learn and earn while you do it. You’ll probably find advertisements for them in Marketplace.
If you don't want to do that, than consider investing in training. If you think training is costly, consider how much more ignorance will cost you.
You can find a lot of people that promote themselves on this site. I know one that doesn't who trained me. I recovered my investment in it in 6 weeks.

That all sounds great. Thank you for the posts. I'll check out the Marketplace for any advertisements. Thanks again everyone. So far this site has been a HUGE help on getting down the right path.