Getting started with a team

3 Replies

Hey BP,

I'd love to get started in RE investing. I'm thinking that the best way to get started is to assemble a small team so I can hit the ground running on *out of state buy and holds. These are the folks I think I should work with locally to where I live:

- Attorney for contracts, entities etc.

- CPA for taxes, tax planning etc.

- Finance sources

Local to where I buy:

-  Property manager, contractor/handyman, agents/wholesalers

Is this a reasonable approach? Should I look for an attorney in each state? Anyone else not on the list?

*Out of state investing, since California looks a bit hot and cash flow in a decent neighborhood seems really tough for a newbie. Please correct me if this is wrong... I'd love to get started close to home.

you dont assemble a team and then start investing.

you start investing and then you assemble a team by trial and error.

what's their incentive to be on "your team"? how are you going to pay them? "IOU"?

I should have been more clear... Team people are paid money for their services and their services are contracted.

I would advise starting close to home. Something you can drive by.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here