• Flipper
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
What to do? What to do??

Jessica Hood
  • Flipper
  • Winston Salem, NC
Posted May 10 2009, 14:57

As I mentioned in my last post, I am starting out totally new to the game, with a small chunk of money to invest, and my first actions have to to be good. My problem now is that I don't know what would be the best action to take (aside from researching of course).

I am 30 years old, in good shape, and not afraid of hard work or getting my hands dirty. I have a lot of experience with renovating, light construction, and general home maintenance. My husband and our family does as well. So, I am very interested in flipping houses.

This is where I am stuck...

Which type of sales should I be looking at? I see foreclosure, sherrif sales, etc. Should I go to auctions or try something different? What are the risks involved with the different options aside from not being able to sell the property in a timely manner or unforseen property damage)?

And if anyone can point me in the direction of ligitimate good information, that would be great. I am a self starter, DIY, spend as little as possible, and make the most out of scraps, kind of person.

Thanks!

Loading replies...