Votes
Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Votes |
Rental Income question

Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Posted Aug 8 2016, 10:20

I want to make sure I understand the Following correctly please......

Come Jan. 1st of 2017 , I will be able to FINALLY claim the Rental Income from one of m Rentals for the First time , and therefore have the Rental Income go on my Taxes as REL Income , and thus Increasing my Yearly Income / Helping to lower my DTI

My Question Is:

Would I be able to then Immediately , claim the Rental Income on another Property ( my Primary ) , as I am strongly considering renting it out at the first of 2017 ( since the 1 year mark that I will have owned my Primary will be up )as Rental income  ( Meaning , if I was to go to a Lender for a Loan , would they use the Income from the Rent that I start receiving from my Primary Immediately , or would they only use the Rent I receive from my primary on 2017's taxes ..... I.E. roughly 1 year from the day I start to rent out my Primary residence ?

I am hoping that since I will have owned and been Renting out a Rental property for all of 2016 , that when I go to Rent my Primary residence out , that they will use the Income I receive from renting my Primary residence IMMEDIATELY , as this will help me in getting a Loan to purchase an Investment Property ?

Sorry if my question is a bit confusing ..... I tried to explain it in Layman,s terms as best I could lol

Thanks for the help 

Loading replies...