• Real Estate Agent
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Votes |
Sponsered by KW? Do you believe wholesaling is "unethical?"

Kent Mayes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Posted Sep 5 2016, 21:53

Hi! My name is Kent and I currently reside in Corpus Christi, TX. I've been snooping around this website for around 1 and a half years and feel its time to start asking some questions that pertain to the goals I desire to shape towards being successful in Real Estate Investing.

One of my goals is to earn my Real Estate License this year and to under go training through Keller Williams. I have already taken the required class work, had my finger prints done, paid the application fee yaddayaddayadda.... and now study everyday to pass the real estate exam. Besides gaining sponsorship, passing the exam is all I have to do to gain the license.

After talking with a top recruiter at Keller Williams, he revealed that he believed the wholesaling method of real estate investing to be "unethical" by stating that it takes advantage of the seller in several ways. I have read similar views on this method of Real Estate Investing. Before hearing/researching this angle, I was pretty gung-ho on accomplishing/refining the wholesaling technique in investing before others.

If I plan to be trained and sponsored by the Keller Williams firm, should I realistically  give up hopes on developing proficient wholesaling skills? My main desire for aspirations in real estate is to be an investor and NOT a salesperson. I wouldn't mind the experience and training that is offered there but if the company's standards doesn't fit my aspirations I should try to attain a more fitting path towards moving forward, right?

Loading replies...