Where do I start

7 Replies

I trying to get started but I have 2 problems.Where do I go and what property should I buy first? I don't know any real estate investors so how do I start networking and do I buy an apartment complex,a single family home a condo a duplex?I am just trying to get a general idea of things before I get started.

Hello Hugh,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

I would have to say that you already started in the best place. Check out what is on the website and go to your local REIA(Real Estate Investors Association) You can meet most of the people there.

Good Luck

Alex Hively

hugh,

I'm from Brooklyn as well investing in Atlanta,(fix/flips/courthouse acquisitions/wholesale/assign/landlord)

To help you with your journey,

Look at your overall goals to determine what you want to accomplish in real estate investing...

Looking for cash flow monthly income?

Fix and flips for cash buildup?

Wholesale/assign deals for quick property turnaround and cash ?

Bottom line is that there are many areas to get involved in, find your calling!

Pm me if you want to talk in detail..

I have heard about how the podcasts but have'nt really looked at one.I would like financial freedom.I want to get a network of people to help me find deals and make things easy

im about on the same boat as you. I decided im going to live in my first flip for about a yr. Will prob do a FHA and use my extra income to do the rehab. I believe education is key. I listen to about 5 different podcasts, and have about 4 books in audibles.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here