Is being 19 too young to get started in wholesaling?

7 Replies

I am very interested in getting into wholesaling in the future, but i'm concerned that because i'm so young it will not work out. I'm afraid I will not be trusted because of my age. When did you guys start working in real estate? Did you guys run into problems because of your age? Or am I the only 19 year old on here.

I was 19 when I bought my first home.  I lived in it for 1 year and sold it for 50% more than I paid for it.  You are never too young.  I teach a lot of people about wholesaling in a meetup group I have for investors. I have people your age and a little older who are doing well.

That is great to hear. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't insane before I start spending a lot of time reading on real estate. Thanks for your answer!

@Scott Zockoll

Don't let age be an excuse. As long as you keep educating yourself, do business with integrity and treat people with respect, you will be fine. 

An easy way to overcome that objection is to align yourself with some seasoned investors. 

Most important is your drive to succeed. Good luck! 

Thank you for your advice!

You are young, bright, full of energy, and ready to work hard to make your mark on the world. So yea I can see your point, no one will want to work with you. 

I agree with @Chris T. ! Age is only a number. If you've got the bug, and the desire to learn and build, why wait?? Experience is the BEST teacher

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.