How to get owner's contact info to send letter to offer to buy?

2 Replies

Hello everyone, 

There's a condo that I'm very interested in buying and I want to send the owner a letter or even call him/her to offer to buy the place. How do I get their contact information? 

Thanks!

@Heba Farag Your county assessor's office/website should have the owners address listed. If no address, you can always go ask the neighbors for the owner's contact info

If I were you (in Illinois) I'd start by finding out the pin number using redfin, then I would go to the recorder of deeds website and search for the pin. Look at the last recorded deed, specifically the grantee and the area, if any, where it states where the future tax bills are to be sent. Alternatively, once you have the pin you could just go straight to the treasurers website. The reason I suggest that you look at the actual deed is sometimes people have tax bills sent to homes that they don't occupy (ie. Rentals) as the taxes are paid by escrow or the due dates are the same (or practically) every year and there's a few different ways to find out what how much the tax bill ill and to pay it without physically holding the bill in your hand/possession. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here