Votes
Amanda Dolan
  • Lindenhurst, NY
Votes |
Just starting my research need advice

Amanda Dolan
  • Lindenhurst, NY
Posted Oct 29 2016, 01:01

Hi my name is Amanda I just recently stumbled upon investing in real estate especially wholesaling. I really want to get involved in wholesaling real estate in my area. I live in New York on Long Island in Suffolk county. I have long thought about becoming a real estate agent and when I started researching becoming a real estate agent I stumbled upon real estate investing. Now that I've been doing my research on wholesaling properties I feel like there is always questions it sounds so simple but yet seems so difficult especially when you know nothing about real estate. My question is, I understand the process of wholesaling a property you make an offer to a seller who is eager to sell and then you take that offer and flip it to an investor for profit all well and good where my questions come in; How do you learn about the contracts a sellers agreement where do you find those contracts? Do I have to go sit down with the lawyer first before I get a contract is there certain ways that contracts need to be worded or is there one standard contract across the board for wholesaling? If I do have to sit down with a real estate attorney how do I find a reputable real estate attorney that is willing to work with such a newbie in the investing world? And how do the closings work? I get that you go to the closing agent but how do I find a closing agent to work with and what really does the closing agent do? do you have to pay a closing agent? I feel like I understand the process of wholesaling and doing research on properties but what I'm lacking the most is understanding the legal aspect and covering my *** in the process. I guess what really makes me nervous is the paperwork because I'm such a novice that I'm not sure I know what I should know about the contracts and the closings. I think this website is great and all this information is great it is very overwhelming and I really want to get started I have an uncle who does real estate appraisals and I'm going to sit down with him and talk to him about this I'm not sure if there's some information he may have that I don't. What really concerns me is I understand the process but I feel like I lack the knowledge in real estate to pull it off. I am definitely a go getter and I want to build a better life for myself with financial stability which will allow me to retire early and not work as hard. I'm a nurse a firefighter and an EMT I give to my community so much and I run myself ragged for little money but good gratification however what I'm looking to do is turn my life around financially. I could definitely use all the advice I can get before I make my first deal.

Loading replies...