Rent payments

6 Replies

Hey guys,

My name is isuf Aruci I'm about to close on my first deal and I'm very curious on how to accept rent payments from your tenants. Please share any ideas look forward to hearing from you.

congratulations @Isuf Aruci

I've used erentpayments.com , it helps report the tenant's on time payments to the credit agencies. There are other similar services as well out there. 

I have also used chase quickpay and cash. 

@Chris T. Thank you, using erentpayments.com is there a charge?

@Isuf Aruci , yes I believed there is a $3 charge each time. You can either have the tenant pay for it, split it, or you pay for it.

I use Cozy.co or erentpayment.com. Cozy is free, erentpayment charges $3. Most of my tenants use Cozy but I have had those that prefer erentpayment. 

Aside from that, we also provide a business account that tenants can directly deposit funds into at a local bank for those without internet access or who lack a bank account from which to set up online payments. Almost no one ever uses this anymore except for the occasional first-time tenant that runs into some confusion setting up online payment. 

@Isuf Aruci I use rentigo and strongly recommend them. Come rent week, you really want a company that gives you top notch support and I feel like I get that from them. I am a small landlord but I still get really great service which I appreciate. 

I give my renters deposit slips and they put their rent in my bank account.  Works great.  I've been doing this for 2 years.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.