Votes
Sarah T.
  • Florida
Votes |
How do you know the property is a scam?

Sarah T.
  • Florida
Posted Oct 17 2017, 16:44

Just want to say, I'm a total newbie when it comes to investing but have helped my parents sell and buy a home. I hope to start investing on my own in a year or two. My parents are interested in househacking and I saw a potential property  that was a fourplex for just $160k. The pictures shown seemed to be in good condition. The post was on zillow and by owner so I just texted the number on the post to see if it was still available. It was a very casual approach and the guy responded promptly. 

However after I asked if we could see the property he said only from the outside even though the post said to schedule a viewing by calling the number. He's from out of state and the property has been sitting for a couple months now. I tried calling him and I was put off by his text responses as if he didn't want to talk to me. He called me a whole week later after I left a voice mail. The property seems a bit too good to be true and the owner seemed a bit evasive. Is this something still worth pursuing? 

Loading replies...