Votes
Nikira Kidd
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
FASTER WAY TO RECEIVE TAX CERTIFICATE

Nikira Kidd
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Oct 17 2017, 18:00

I was visiting alabama's tax delinquent property site today, and put in a few applications for properties (with residential property), the properties were sold to the state back in 2009-2012. after putting in these applications i called and spoke with alabama's property tax division (revenue office), and the lady explained to me how they would contact the county (jefferson) to get the price and then email the information to me so that i could then mail cashier's check of that amount to the state's revenue office, she also explained that it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to even receive a price from the county i'm in. my question is whether or not i can just as easily go down to the revenue office in jefferson county myself, get a price, send the money to the state's revenue dpt and just wait for them to send me back the tax certificate ? the lady told me that once i pay the amount owed, and they sent the tax certificate, that i could take it straight to the tax assessor's office here in jefferson county and get the tax deed. is this because the years were so far back ? is she leaving out information ?

Loading replies...