How do I submit an offer without an agent!

5 Replies

Hello everyone!  I have been researching and analyzing properties within my market for weeks for fix and flips.  I am now ready to start submitting offers.  Should I bring on a agent relationship on the purchase side?  I am deploying back into the fix and flip space after being out of the game since the 2008 downturn.  Any help would be appreciated.

Kelvin Craver and Russell Grogan 

Russell Grogan

I guess the question is why you dont want an agent, when the seller pays for the buyers agent and when the buyer doesnt have an agent, the listing agent gets that money. You end up with someone representing the seller and not you.

I would get an agent for sure.

On another note, sometimes you do get preferential treatment when you directly to the listing agent, because that agent makes both sides of the transaction commissions. 

On that note, I have a great flip Opportunity that I posted in the Marketplace section in santa ana/ North Tustin. Take a look . THanks !

Hi Christine,

Thanks!  Thats what I will do.  I will take a look at your deal.  I'm currently looking in the Eagle Rock, Glassell Park, Echo Park, Pasadena, Arcadia,   But I like the Orange and Santa Ana market as well. 

Russell Grogan

1. Get a buyers agent to represent you, the seller is paying for it already and currently you have nobody on your side

2. You can put an offer in directly through the listing agent if you decide you don't want an agent to represent you.

Dustin Frank, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA 100073207)

Why would you want to? I've never understood why so many people on BP want to go it alone without their own agent when buying a property. The listing agent represents the seller. He can't advise you. He can't give you any information to help you negotiate the deal, not even comps.

@Russell Grogan are you submitting offers directly to the sellers? Are these properties that are off market? Wholesale deals, etc? If so then get yourself a simple two page offer contract and start writing. If the properties are on the MLS then I would look for an experienced agent who invests themselves to work with. If you are writing low ball offers then you might not be able to find someone to work with unless they just got their license last week and are looking for something to do (waste of time.)

What is your strategy?  

Good investing...

Joe Homs

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
          • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
          • Learn how to get started with or without money,
          • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
          • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.