Engery to go places with no direction in Raleigh

Engery to go places with no direction in Raleigh

Investor · Clayton, NC · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets Community! I am new to the Raleigh area and just as new to the real estate investing business. I am recently retired from public service and in a very unique position in life. I am 40 years old with nothing but time on my hands right now. Sounds great, right? Well to be honest being retired is boring and I have wanted to get into real estate for some time. I have done quite a bit of reading on wholesaling houses but need to get some experience under my belt. The hardest part, obviously, is getting started. I have read several posts that say something like “you just need to do a deal” and for me that’s not the problem. For me it seems the problem is locating the resources to locate all these great “deals”. So as I run down the list of requirements – Free time – check. Positive attitude – check. Growing area – check. Experience – None. Resources – Even less. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to any and all responses!

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adam SchneiderPro Member
    Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2012 · 957 posts · 639 votes
    8y

    @Dennis Metzler--have you attended TREIA and Triangle Deal Maker Sessions meetings to network with others in the area?

  • Investor · Clayton, NC · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the reply Adam. I am literally brand new to real estate but those options you gave sound like some pretty good resources. I will check into them right away.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.