Engery to go places with no direction in Raleigh

2 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets Community! I am new to the Raleigh area and just as new to the real estate investing business. I am recently retired from public service and in a very unique position in life. I am 40 years old with nothing but time on my hands right now. Sounds great, right? Well to be honest being retired is boring and I have wanted to get into real estate for some time. I have done quite a bit of reading on wholesaling houses but need to get some experience under my belt. The hardest part, obviously, is getting started. I have read several posts that say something like “you just need to do a deal” and for me that’s not the problem. For me it seems the problem is locating the resources to locate all these great “deals”. So as I run down the list of requirements – Free time – check. Positive attitude – check. Growing area – check. Experience – None. Resources – Even less. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to any and all responses!

@Dennis Metzler --have you attended TREIA and Triangle Deal Maker Sessions meetings to network with others in the area?

Thanks for the reply Adam. I am literally brand new to real estate but those options you gave sound like some pretty good resources. I will check into them right away.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.