Marketing on $300 Best Practices (Phoenix,AZ)

4 Replies

Curious for those of you who've been marketing as a RE investor: if you had a $300 monthly marketing budget (as you can imagine, this number isn't arbitrary but realistic for my own life), how would you spend it? My initial idea is a split between Investor Carrot and a year-long direct mail campaign to select homeowners. Just wondering what you RE investors who are actually looking for leads think!

@Eric Mukai from personal experience, using both strategies in the past, I would vote for Investor Carrot. You will absolutely see the best return dollar for dollar with their program.

@Eric Mukai

I think you will get biased responses to your questions because the folks that use DM (which is a greater majority) will swear by it, and the folks that go digital will opt for Investor Carrot. 

What I can say though, is with a $300 monthly marketing budget, as long as you're not in a super competitive market you can mail out a good sized list - 750 first class postcards a month full service in a scalable fashion as long as you put together your own list, and close a deal within the first 6 months (first 2 months if you're in a secondary market) and have a lot more funds to market with after you close your first deal via DM. If you want a DM game plan or scripts on talking to sellers or help with a campaign, let me know and I'm glad to help.

@Ray Lai: I am in a market which IS super competitive though--Phoenix, AZ. So I'm curious how your feedback would change then.

@Eric Mukai

It takes a LOT more mail in a competitive market to the tune of around $2500 in mailings to yield a profitable deal in super competitive markets. In secondary markets, our investors are picking up deals in their first couple of mailings, in the competitive markets a lot take 4+ mailings over a longer period of time because the markets are saturated with mailings and it takes a lot more sustainment for the letter to arrive at the right time for the seller to act. Newbies often start and quit in competitive markets because they can't sustain.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.