Advise needed for foundation issues

5 Replies

Help! I am under contract on a home in Amarillo, TX. After a home inspection I discovered that I might have a foundation issue because the inspector found a retrofit brick piers and a beam tilted out of place. How big of an issue might this be? Is this a common issue with older homes? Thanks in advance.

call a structural engineer.  for a $500 or so visit, you will know the answers to your questions.  they will review the problem and tell you what the repairs may be (nothing or huge).

Just curious...are you buying rentals through a turn-key provider here in Amarillo?

Also, I have a great foundation guy who can give you an estimate and let you know how serious it is. Shoot me a pm for his info.

sounds like almost every pier and beam in Amarillo.. if they don't have issues they will.. 

Originally posted by @Cody Winters :

Just curious...are you buying rentals through a turn-key provider here in Amarillo?

Also, I have a great foundation guy who can give you an estimate and let you know how serious it is. Shoot me a pm for his info.

@Cody Winters Thank you for your time, my property manager for my other rental found this property for me and it was turn key but once we did our home inspection we discovered a few issues. I ended up doing a foundation inspection with Childers Brothers and they did find some minor issues but they did say it was not a big enough issue to back out from this deal. Are you an investor in Amarillo also??

Originally posted by @Scott R. :

sounds like almost every pier and beam in Amarillo.. if they don't have issues they will.. 

@Scott R. Thanks for the heads up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.