Votes
Courtney Aseltine
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
Deciding Where to Invest

Courtney Aseltine
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Posted Oct 29 2017, 18:47

Hey everyone! For a long time my husband and I have been talking about investing in real estate, and we're finally financially (and mentally) ready to do so. I've read the books, listened to the podcasts, and feel pretty educated when it comes to real estate. I actually used to have my license and we've bought and sold 4 of our own properties, so we're not new to real estate, just to investing. We live in the Boston area, where real estate prices are through the roof. Because of high prices, investing in our immediate area isn't realistic, so we've been exploring other options (mostly New Hampshire and Maine), but I'm so worried about choosing the wrong area. I'm doing the analysis of invidual properties, and on paper I've found a few that look promising, but without living in the area I'm afraid of choosing the wrong location. For those of you who have invested outside of the area you live in, how did you make sure you were choosing a profitable location? At this point, shoud we just start visitng areas and reaching out to agents with our criteria? 

Loading replies...