Joseph Tuccito
  • tampa , FL
Votes |
22 Full-Time College Student With Part-Time Job Looking To Househ

Joseph Tuccito
  • tampa , FL
Posted Oct 30 2017, 14:04

Hi BP family !

As stated in the description I am a 22 Full-Time College Student With Part-Time Job Looking To Househack. I am originally from NY but currently live and intend on living/investing in Tampa,Florida.

I have always been interested in real estate and determined to have financial freedom! (recently got $750 bird-dog fee check!) After reading plenty of RE books, listening to BPs podcasts, and surfing the web I am very interested in house hacking a duplex where I will live on one side and rent the other. My plan is to get a FHA loan and put 3.5% down with 5% IR. I am thinking of buying the duplex in the range of $100,000-$250,000. I recently read Scott Trenches "Set For Life" and understand the importance of saving as much cash as I possibly can, my goal is $20,000 by 2020.

The problem is getting FHA approved as I just recently got a credit card and trying to get my credit over 580. I also need proof of at least 2 years stable income. Obviously due to school I cannot do this so my question is what can I do RIGHT NOW to help speed the process up and if there is anything else I can do to make this investment go more "smoothly" when it occurs.

EXTRA: I recently got a job that pays around $450 biweekly. I only have about $1,000 of savings but putting about 80% of my paycheck to this fund. I will hopefully have a full time job after I graduate in June of 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME AND READING THIS

Loading replies...