• Denver, CO
Votes |
Cash Flow Markets with the Best Prospects Over Next Few Decades

Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Nov 10 2017, 09:03

OK - So I've dismissed personally investing in turnkey markets for a while, mostly because I have unrelenting faith in the long-term prospects of my home city of Denver, CO. BUT, I have now bought a substantial amount (for me) of property in Denver, and do not want to make my next purchase here until sometime in 2018. 

In the meantime, I'm considering making my first out of state investment. And I want to research top down and then bottom up. Top-down - if I'm going out of state, I want to go with a city that produces great cash-flow per dollar invested, but is still large enough to travel to. I'd like to know which city like this has excellent prospects in the eyes of the community. Once I've narrowed that down a bit, I'll begin my research and visiting of that city, and go through the process of becoming familiar with what's a good deal and what isn't, building a team, etc.

So please let me know, what are some good cities with great prospects, cities that are not already expensive? 

Where should I be looking here? 

I am NOT only interested in cash flow. The prospects and potential of a city/market are super important to me. Cash flow is of course a huge part of the analysis, but I believe there are at least a dozen major markets I can go to get solid cash flow in an acceptable range. I want the prospects as well. 

Cities that I've been thinking about include:

Dallas

Jacksonville

Cincinnati

Louisville

Atlanta

Charlotte

Kansas City

Detroit

I'm sure there are some that I have failed to consider, and some among here that I should stop considering. Hence why I am attempting to crowdsource your feedback here. Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...