Home owners insurance on a flipped single family home

4 Replies

Hi BP community! I wanted to reach out and get some advice about what type of home owners insurance you get when flipping a single family home. Been doing some research and coming up blank. Called AllState and State Farm and they will not offer insurance unless the property is occupied. Seems like I have to find an independent brokerage for this type of insurance. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. 


@Danielle Palleschi-Browne You really need a builder's risk insurance policy, or at the vary least a vacancy policy. Independent brokers are the easiest way to get one of these. Look into commercial insurance agencies as opposed to home owner insurance agencies.